It’s time I tell you about Muffie.
She’s just a girl, like you and me.
Except she happens to be my alter ego and is named after the good part of a muffin.
You see, in college, all of my friends had really funny alter egos with unique personalities who would appear at different times. I was just always Rachel. Boring ‘ole Rachel. UNTIL one day while dining at a Panera Bread before a Gavin DeGraw concert at the local casino, my pals and I spotted a tray of lil muffies sitting in the window. I locked eyes with the muffin top delights, and just knew. I AM Muffie, Muffie is me – pillowy, sweet, full of chocolate chips, soft edges, slightly pretentious. And so, it was there in that chain restaurant that Muffie was born.
Like the dessert she’s named for, Muffie is really the best version of myself.
Time: 40 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 12
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of melted vegan butter
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp. of agave
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees
- In a bowl, combine banana + butter + sugar + extract + agave until creamy
- Stir in salt + baking soda + nutmeg + cinnamon
- Fold in half of the flour, combine
- Fold in rest of the flour until fully combined
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chips
- On a lined baking sheet, scoop a heaping amount of batter with a cookie scoop + arrange, repeat
- Top with remaining chocolate chips
- Bake 14-15 minutes + let cool slightly
- Sneak down to the kitchen late at night + eat all of these in the dark like the chocolate monster you are
Adapted from here!