Things that are not OK volume 3246:
Humans being sucked out of airplanes!!!!!!!!!
As someone who was literally on a Southwest flight yesterday at the exact same time this particular plane’s engine exploded, it’s just a little too close for comfort!!!!!
I think we all do it. You know, have incredibly morbid thoughts right before boarding the plane and perform little rituals to ensure your safe arrival at your intended destination. For instance, I always touch the outside of the plane as I enter it and ask God to bless this vessel that is about to hurl me through space. I also size up my row mates based on who I’d most like to hold hands and cry with in the event of an emergency. However, I always know deep down I am going to be OK. Until yesterday’s events brought me back to the reality that nothing and no one is safe and your worst nightmares can become real in an instant.
Just to provide you some uplifting words this evening.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 dozen spring rolls
- 12 spring roll wrappers
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped thin
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 5-6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup of vermicelli (thin rice noodles)
- Sweet + sour sauce, for serving
- Prepare the vermicelli according to package directions (for mine, they just soaked in warm water about 20 minutes)
- Prepare your wrappers by making sure they’re pliable + ready to stuffing + rolling (depending on the brand, you may have to dunk in water or just spread the ends in water)
- Lay a wrapper flat + place some noodles + carrots + bell pepper + cucumber + avocado + green onions + cilantro at one end
- Roll wrapper over the ingredients, tuck the sides in, keep rolling, making sure sides stay tucked
- Repeat with remaining wrappers + ingredients
- Serve with extra green onion + sweet + sour sauce
- Smash a roll into your face, allowing roll insides to fall into your many face holes