Topanga had her first sleepover.
At least, that’s where we told her we were taking her instead of referring to it as “boarding.”
The child has serious social issues and we’ve just never been able to leave her without the presence of family member.
She hates animals, the outdoors, weather that isn’t sunny with a slight breeze and she needs a clear, 20-foot radius around her bowls to scatter her food around before she eats it. This is not the kind of creature that thrives at slumber parties with 40 other fur balls. For days, we dreaded this goodbye. We gave her multiple pep talks, packed her daytime AND night night toys and we even practiced opening lines for her to use to make friends – your butt smells nice, I like your haircut, etc. When we dropped her off, the woman asked, “Does she want to go out and play with the other dogs?” Me and G sighed heavily and were like, “Just take it slow with her…”
Surprisingly, we didn’t receive a call asking us to pick the child up for harassing the other beasts and we weren’t asked to never bring her back, so success.
Time: 12 hours (overnight prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1 tbsp. of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp. of hemp seeds
- 1 cup of flax milk (or your fave non-dairy milk)
- 1 tsp. of agave
- 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- Raisins, for serving
- Blueberries, for serving
- Toasted pepitas, for serving
- Toasted walnuts, for serving
- In a bowl, combine oats + chia seeds + hemp seeds + milk + agave + cinnamon
- Cover + refrigerate over night
- In the morning, heat up a saucepan
- Add oats + heat for 5-6 minutes or until warmed through
- Add desired toppings, serve warm
- Sit at kitchen table in the dewy morning light sipping your chamomile tea + proceed to dunk your face into a big bowl of these oats + enjoy the wake up call
Adapted from here!