Think of the best thing that could happen to you during a cross country move and then flush it down a toilet.
We arrived safely to North Carolina on schedule.
Our things, on the other hand, did not.
It was super duper. We slept in a Hampton Inn for a couple of nights (exceptional oatmeal, if I do say so myself) and then on an air mattress in our empty home for a few more. We had no couch so Topanga was forced to nap on the carpet like a plebeian and is still giving us the side eye for disrupting her routine so much. It was also neat to not have a washer/dryer and watch the dirty clothes piles reach new heights. I called the moving company every hour on the hour for days. I think they might be filing a restraining order on me, however my persistence is one of my top 18 qualities.
I also can’t find my coin collection and I am highly suspicious of the moving company who wants me dead.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 salads
- 6 cups of spinach
- 1 package of tempeh, cubed
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, cooked
- 1 bunch of asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 pint of heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ear of corn, shucked
- 5-6 radishes, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. of hemp hearts
- 3 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil
- Add asparagus, cook 3 minutes, plunge in an ice bath, drain
- Add asparagus + tomatoes + corn + radishes to a bowl with S+P and 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add 1 tbsp. of garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add tempeh + S+P, cook 5-6 minutes or until crisp to your desire, set aside
- To a food processor, combine avocado + remaining garlic + remaining lemon juice + remaining olive oil + S+P + 1/4 cup of water, process until smooth
- To serve, place some spinach on a plate + top with quinoa + tempeh + veggies + hemp hearts + dressing
- Spread leftover avocado dressing on flip flop + enjoy dessert