This is probably going to be my last post.
Because my husband has spent all of our money and we cannot afford to pay the internet bill anymore.
Like, I throw the man a bone and he wants the whole steak. (This is a metaphor I just made up, I hope it makes sense.)
The human I married has been pestering me for actual years about investing in equipment for a home gym. I’m not talking a treadmill in the den, people. I’m talking, take everything out of the garage and fill it with barbells and bikes and rowing machines and something called a squat rack, I don’t even know. I’ve been incredibly against this for a couple of valid reasons: 1) the expense is thousands of dollars – mama likes to have nice things, too. 2) I don’t think parking in my own garage is really too much to ask 3) the sound of a barbell dropping on concrete sends me into full-blown panic & I convince myself the foundation is cracking & we are going to get sucked into a sink hole.
I caved after he looked at me all lovingly and whispered, “If I have a home gym, I get to be home with you more, babe……….”
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 pineapple, cut in chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 orange bell pepper, cut in chunks
- 1 tbsp. of ketchup
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- 4 tbsp. of agave
- 2 tsp. of cornstarch
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 cup of raw cashews, toasted
- Brown rice for serving,
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange pineapple + peppers on a lined baking sheet
- Drizzle with olive oil + S+P
- Bake for 15 minutes, toss, bake another 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine ketchup + soy sauce + rice vinegar + agave
- Combine 1/3 cup of water + cornstarch, stir until cornstarch dissolves
- Add cornstarchy water to ketchup mix
- Add to saucepan, bring to a boil, turn down + simmer for 6-8 minutes or until thick + sticky, but drippy
- In a bowl, combine sauce + roasted peppers + pineapple
- Serve over brown rice with green onions + cilantro
- With hands, scoop mix + throw at blank wall, finger paint to create art
Sauce from here!