I have finally unlocked my spiritual gifts!
Garr and I are joining a church in town and they gave us this assessment and now I am one step closer to understanding my God-given purpose!
For so long, I was just like, OK I’m winning an Oscar or two, maybe I’ll have a Vegas residency, I don’t know.
Now I know God has given me superior skills in the areas of mercy, hospitality and administration. Do not laugh at me! This is serious business. I’m empathetic, enjoy hosting a good party and feeding people and no, I don’t mind a nicely organized spreadsheet, sue me! Honestly, I’m most surprised by mercy. In general, I don’t love people and have been known to hold a grudge for a decade+, i.e. the boy who told me I was fat in the 6th grade got hit with the reject button when his Facebook friend request came through.
We also listed our passions and mine are 1) food 2) artistic/drama so….
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 quesadillas
- 8 whole wheat flour tortillas
- 2 avocados
- 1 large mango
- 1 cup of heirloom grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin
- Shredded or sliced vegan pepper jack cheese
- 3-4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Mash up your avos in a bowl with some red pepper + S+P
- Chop up your mango and place in a separate bowl
- In a skillet over medium heat, add 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Add a tortilla to the skillet + spread it with some avo + top with mango + tomatoes + onion + jalapeno + vegan cheese, cover with another tortilla, cook 3-4 minutes
- Flip, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Remove from pan, repeat
- Serve immediately or refrigerate + eat cold, ain’t nobody want microwaved avo
- Lift ‘dilla triangle above head, lean back + squeeze contents into pie hole
8 thoughts on “Avocado + Mango Quesadillas”
Hallelujah and praise be to the skills you have been gifted. And now I know who to turn to when I need mercy. Which is often in truth.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I am happy to be your mercy gal. Perhaps that’s a new business idea. Selling mercy services? Does that defeat the purpose? Idk.
This is all great news boo! Amen and amen!
I gotta eat more avocados… 😦
LOVE YA, BOO BOO! Yup. Spread some avo on all your ish.
The boy deserved the rejection 🙂
Doesn’t make you a bad person at all!
Thanks for having my back! 😉
Gotta give this a try while Mangoes are still in season here!