Do they have doggy therapy?
Not asking for a friend, asking for me. Topanga is driving me absolutely bananas.
She’s only 8 so I’m not sure I can’t say she’s totally senile yet. However, I have no other explanation for the utter chaos she’s causing around my home.
This child will fill her mouth with lil kiblets, prance to a carpeted surface, i.e. living room rug, bedroom carpet, no fuzzy surface is off limits, and fling them out of her mouth, spreading her terror everywhere she goes. OK, maybe she wants to eat her dinner from different vantage points. Weird, but I’m not judging her. No. The child in question waits a couple of hours then comes back to the kiblets, picks one lucky lil guy, puts it back in her mouth & flings it across the room AGAIN & plays with it like it’s one of her babies. I can’t take it anymore.
The best is that the kiblets blend in with the hardwood & I crunch at least one under my bare feet on the daily.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 4-6 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of lentils, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups of raw lima beans
- 2 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 cup of cherry heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 a red onion, mostly diced but leaving a couple lil thin slices to top the salads
- 2 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of basil leaves, packed
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of white wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 tsp. of honey
- S+P, to taste
- In a large pot, combine 3 cups of water with diced red onion + garlic + S+P + bring to a boil
- Add lima beans, bring to a boil, reduce heat + simmer for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine basil + olive oil + vinegar + lemon juice + honey + S+P, process until smooth, refrigerate until ready to serve
- Once lima beans are cooked, drain + let cool
- In a bowl, combine lima beans + corn + tomatoes + lentils + S+P, let sit for a few
- To serve, arrange some arugula on a plate + top with lima bean mix + some red onion + your dressing
- Put funnel in mouth + pour salad contents down the hole for efficiency
Idea from here!