Were you all aware that I look absolutely adorable driving a sports car?
I’m not tooting my own (car) horn or anything (get it?), but I think it’s true. It might have something to do with the tinted windows and the fact you can’t tell who is actually driving, but I digress.
For the last week, I’ve been driving around my dad’s 2017 electric blue Mustang GT California Special.
I know what you’re thinking, “EWW mustangs are gross!” Under normal circumstances, I totally agree, but you haven’t seen me behind the wheel of one! I fit like a glove! Also, my dad has this terribly obnoxious kit on the car that makes it sound like you’re driving a jet down the road, it’s so fetch. I just felt alive! Like, I can go so fast and it is so loud and everyone turns to look at me and is like umm how did an idiot like you afford this car and I just smile with all of my teeth and give them a big thumbs up.
But like it’s an actual boat and ya girl had some slight difficulty in the parking department.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 4 ears of corn, shucked + save the cobs
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of fresh ginger, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 white potato, diced
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- S+P, to taste
- Cilantro, for serving
- Sriracha, for serving
- In a large stock pot, heat olive oil over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add ginger + garlic, cook another minute
- Add jalapeno, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add corn kernels + potato + coconut milk + 1 cup of milk + turmeric + S+P, stir to coat
- Add corn cobs, bring to a boil, reduce heat + simmer for 25-30 minutes
- Remove corn cobs
- Turn off heat + stir in lime juice
- Using an immersion, blend soup until smooth
- Taste + add some more S+P, if you’d like
- Put in the fridge for a couple of hourse
- Serve cold with cilantro + some sriracha if you like a lil heat
- Pour some soup into a glass + serve to sweetie + tell him it’s a banana smoothie
Adapted from here!