I am equal parts intrigued and wigged out by these DNA tests we all keep doing.
Like, I spit in a tube and you all found 83 people that could be my third cousins. I’m just not understanding how this is possible.
What does one use as an opening line to someone that may or not be related to you based on saliva compatibility alone?
It is pretty interesting to finally know from where my peeps hail. No surprising results. I’m mostly English with some French and Norwegian mixed in. A splash of Irish/Scottish with even less German. However, I’m really holding tight to my 2% Greek and 1% Middle Eastern. Like, I will absolutely be claiming those. The best is I legit grew up thinking I was like 75% Italian and have told everyone that’s my background for as long as I can remember. Nope nada, can’t even fake it up in a Carrabba’s Italian Grill (no hate, their spaghetti is dope).
Now I need to know – what do they do with my spit once they’re done testing it?¿
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4 sammies
- 1 eggplant, peeled + sliced thin into rounds
- 1 zucchini, sliced length-wise, thin
- 1 squash, sliced length-wise, thin
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 1-2 roma tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 red pepper, roasted or 1/2 cup of store-bought roasted red peppers
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1 cup of spinach
- 12 slices of toasted bread (ezekiel bread used here)
- 1/4 cup stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 cup of hummus
- S+P, to taste
- Salt your eggplant rounds + place in a strainer, let water release for about 20-25 minutes, pat dry
- Heat your grill or grill pan over medium heat + spray with cooking spray
- Sprinkle eggplant + zucchini + squash with S+P, grill for 3-4 minutes on each side, flipping once
- To assemble, spread some hummus on a slice of bread + top with a slice of eggplant + some zucchini + some squash + roasted red peppers
- Spread mustard on both sides of another piece of bread + place on top
- Add cucumbers + tomato + avocado + spinach
- Spread some hummus on another slice of bread + place that on top, hummus down
- Repeat with remaining sammies
- Stick some toothpicks in the four corners of the sammies
- Cut diagonally into fourths, making sure a toothpick remains in each fourth
- Serve room temp or warm
- Unhinge jaw + wrap mouth around this bad boy + enjoy all the crunchy fresh goodness that is about to happen up in there
3 thoughts on “Grilled Veggie Clubs”
Is Hillbilly a category because I know you have some of that in you…..
A solid 63% Hillbilly.