My husband is going off the grid.
He’s going underground, living on the lam, getting out of dodge!
Also, he’s just deleting social media.
Much to my chagrin, he’s slowly but surely deleting all his accounts. He claims it’s terribly addicting and bad for our mental health or something?? Idk. What I do know is that it’s downright selfish! He’s just not thinking about me and Topanga and all of the cute photos he, exclusively, has captured over the years! If Topanga had thumbs and could manage her own accounts, this would be a lil less of an issue, but alas. What, we’re just going to sacrifice all of our treasured pix to the internet Gods? Our memories scattered to the wind?? (Name that movie) I just can’t stand by and let this happen. He’s putting the millennial good name to shame!
It also means I’m going to lose a follower and that’s simply not good for MY mental health.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves 3-4
- 1 acorn squash, tops trimmed off + cut into rounds
- 1 head of purple cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 beets, peeled + tops trimmed off
- 2 parsnips, sliced in lil rounds
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 2 shallots, sliced thin
- Spinach, for serving
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Place squash rounds + parsnips on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Place cauliflower on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Place chickpeas + shallots on another lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Wrap each beet in its owl lil piece of foul + drizzle each with 1 tbsp. olive oil + S+P, place on another baking sheet
- Roast all your veggies for 15 minutes, toss (no need to toss beets obvio) , cook chickpeas another 5-7, cauliflower + squash another 10-15, until browned to your desire + beets another 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine apple cider vinegar + remaining olive oil + dijon mustard + garlic in a lil bowl
- To serve, top spinach with all your roasted veggies + drizzle with your dressing
- Light all your pumpkin waffle flavored candles + smash face down onto plate, rubbing throughly in all veggies