Mmmm ahhhhhh. I feel truly revitalized.
Refreshed, restored, reinvigorated, revived, (there are a lot of R words that mean the same thing) ready to take on anything.
All it took was a little SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL, BABAY!
Like 7 months ago when we were still in WA and feeling super sorry for ourselves for having to leave the best place in the world, we bought Seahawks at Panthers tickets for way too much money. It just needed to happen. Too much Seahawks gear had been purchased to sit in these North Carolina closets and rot! Oh, it was just such a perfect day. Charlotte is a neat-o little city and we found good food and frolicked all over the place and only ended up in one college bar where we quickly discovered we officially do NOT look like college kids anymore. PLUS, the Seahawks actually won a football game… What did I do to deserve such sweet happiness?
We also didn’t get kicked out of the stadium for harassing other patrons so winning.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp. of fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup of haricot verts, ends trimmed
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- 1 yellow squash, quartered
- 1 cup of thai green curry sauce
- 1 14 oz. can of coconut milk
- 2 tsp. of soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chiffonaded
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Rice, for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add ginger + garlic, cook another minute
- Add butternut squash + haricot verts + zucchini + squash + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook for 6-7 minutes
- Add green curry sauce, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add coconut milk + 1/2 a cup of water, bring to a lil boil, turn down heat + let simmer for 10 minutes
- Turn off heat, stir in basil + lime juice + soy sauce
- Serve hot over warm rice
- Set the table + sit down with a cloth napkin + slurp this bad boy down like the fancy feline you are
Adapted from here!