Y’all know who Gomer Pyle is?
Not the lovable simpleton from Andy Griffith, I mean the Full Metal Jacket one.
Well, I have the esteemed privilege of waking up next to him each morning.
You see, Garrett had to shave his head for work. That perfectly sculpted head of lettuce he’s worked on for the last 5 years is no more. As the locks fell to the ground, so too did my tears. For in its place, stands the biggest bald head you ever did see. I obviously love him not matter how he looks, but it’s just a little shocking. He quickly came around a corner the other day and I screamed. The truth is, we met and fell in love when he was bald so I should really look at this as an opportunity to reminisce on the early years of Garrett and Rachel. Like when I introduced Garr to my father whose first response was, “The man looks like Gomer Pyle.”
And that was the moment I knew he was the one.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 package of your favorite pasta
- 1 can of cannellini beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 package of cherry or grape tomatoes, rinsed + halved
- 1/4 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of capers
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Meanwhile heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add cannellini beans + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes,
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add cherry tomatoes + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes until starting to soften slightly
- Add sundried tomatoes + capers, cook another 2 minutes
- Turn heat down, add spinach + crushed red pepper + S+P, cook down about 1-2 minutes
- Add pasta + 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water, toss + cook 2-3 minutes
- Serve warm
- Put on sweats + a face mask + plop your behind down on favie spot on the couch + devour two bowls of pasta before retiring to your chambers by 8pm
3 thoughts on “Weeknight Pasta”
What’s your major malfunction numb nuts?
This post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤