Marie Kondo has already won 2019 and we’re like two weeks in.
What a shining beacon of light that little woman is in this dark world of ours.
If I had that machine from Honey! I Shrunk the Kids, she would be the FIRST person I zap so I can keep her in my pocket and take her with me everywhere I go to remind me to find joy in all of the things.
If y’all haven’t watched her Tidying Up show on Netflix, get on it! It’s inspiring. Marie goes into these unorganized, semi-disgusting homes and helps these peeps get their act together. She has this incredibly tedious clothes folding method that takes literally triple the amount of time, but the clothes look like the cutest lil packages, so of course I spent my entire Sunday Marie Kondoing my drawers. She also says to clean out your closet by putting all the clothes in a pile and then picking each item up one by one and talking to it a lil and seeing if it sparks joy. Normally, I would make fun of this, but she could tell me to sell all my wordly possessions and devote my life to bank robbery and as long as she says it in her lil giggly voice, I would instantly be like, yes, wow, will do immediately.
I’m not down with her 30 book minimum, though, someone has gotta talk some sense into that woman.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 can of jackfruit, drained + chopped
- 1 7oz. can of chipotle chilis in adobo
- 1 tsp. of liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 russet potato, washed, peeled + cubed
- 2 carrots, washed, peeled + sliced
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of turmeric
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 jalapeno, sliced thin
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Lime juice, for serving
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Bring potato + carrot to a boil in a lil pot of salted boiling water, boil for 10 minutes, let sit for a few minutes
- Remove potato + carrot from pot + add to a food processor
- Add 1 cup of the cooking water + nutritional yeast + lemon juice + apple cider vinegar + onion powder + garlic powder + turmeric + S+P, blend until smooth + combined, add a lil more cooking water if it’s too thick, adjust seasoning to taste
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add 1/2 the red onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add jackfruit + S+P, cook another 5-6 minutes
- Add all the adobo sauce you can get out of the chipotle chili in adobo can + liquid smoke, simmer + cook for another 5-6 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a large cast iron skillet, spray nonstick oil
- Spread a layer of tortilla chips evenly + top with jackfruit + beans + remaining onion + jalapeno + a lil of your cheese sauce
- Bake 10 minutes
- Remove + top with more cheese sauce + tomatoes + avocado + cilantro + drizzle with lime juice
- Serve warm
- Bring pan of nachos into living room + eat the entire pan whilst watching football + yelling at the referees + throwing some chips at the screen when they make bad calls
Cheese sauce adapted from here!