So how can the government just be, like, ~shut down~?
Don’t we elect these officials to govern?
Isn’t that a little hard to do when the elected officials shut down the government…?
Perhaps I’m simplifying things. I don’t know anything about politics. I don’t believe in them, as a rule. I just wonder what our representatives are doing up there in DC this last, I don’t know, month or so? I imagine them roping off little sections of the Capitol for various game stations. There’s obviously a poker table with a professional dealer and those little see through poker visors. Then there are your classics – Monopoly, Scrabble, Operation, etc. For those inclined to keep the mind agile during the shutdown, there are puzzles and crosswords, too. For our more active ladies and gents, there’s a couple of Twister mats and Bop-Its. They’ve gotta pass the time somehow.
Honestly, I wonder if they could use some of the funds they’re saving not paying federal employees and pay to live stream this thing.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 3 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 cups of flax milk
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 tbsp. of peanut butter
- 1 cup of pretzels, crumbled
- 1 pint of raspberries, rinsed
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. of pure cane sugar
- In a bowl, combine flour + brown sugar + baking powder + milk + extract + olive oil, mix well
- Heat a large skillet sprayed with nonstick oil over medium heat
- Meanwhile, combine raspberries + lemon juice + sugar + 2 tbsp. of water in a sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce + simmer for a few minutes, remove from heat
- Strain raspberry sauce if you don’t want seeds, but it won’t be as thick that way
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter at a time, spreading it in a thin, layer all around the bottom of the pan, cook 2-3 minutes, flip + cook another 2 minutes, remove + repeat with batter
- To serve, spread 1 tbsp. of peanut butter on one half of the crepe + top with a handful of pretzel crumbles + top with a lil raspberry drizzle, roll up + top with more raspberry drizzle, serve warm, room temp or cold
- Grab a couple of these handheld babies + do the hokey pokey all around the kitchen
Crepe batter from here!
2 thoughts on “Peanut Butter + Pretzel Crepes”
Beautiful! And sounds delicious!!
Thank you!! They are seriously SO good!
LikeLiked by 1 person