How many pairs of eyewear will I purchase online before I realize it’s a very bad idea?
3 dozen? 100? Does the limit really not exist?
I legit get a new pair every 8 months because I can no longer stand the sight of myself in the giant goggles I choose.
I always order from the same site and they are chock full of the latest fashions and v stylish options. I’m hip, I’m trendy, I can wear those ginormous oblong frames, right? Wrong. They even offer free at-home try-ons so you’re not stuck with something that looks horrendous. Do I utilize this convenient service? No, never. I always think this time is going to be different. This pair will perfectly my fit equal parts long face and chubby cheeks. A new pair arrived yesterday. These are much smaller than my old pairs, neatly round, no crazy shape, and pink. Pink! I have found the perfect pair! I sent a selfie to my father who immediately told me I look more and more like a grandmother everyday.
The BEST part of new glasses is the first couple of days where they haven’t stretched to my face & they are squeezing my head so hard they leave stellar bruises.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 butternut squash, spiralized
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 package of cremini mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange cauliflower on a lined baking sheet with a drizzle of 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast 20-25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, heat another tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add mushrooms + S+P, cook another 5 minutes
- Toss the raw butternut squash noodles + raw zucchini + mushroom + onion mix + cauliflower in a large bowl with remaining olive oil + lemon juice + pomegranate seeds + S+P
- Refrigerate for a bit + serve chilled or room temp
- Enjoy slurping the entirety of this guilt free meal + doing a lil happy jig around your party pad in celebration
7 thoughts on “Butternut Noodle Bowls”
Ooooh I haven’t tried spiralizing butternut squash yet! What a great idea!
Ohhh you must! I can find it already done at my store which makes a gr8 time saver!
I’d eat it but must say it’d be better with rice noodles and some shrimps……
I think you’d take one bite of this, grimace & reprimand me.
OMG yes! Yay to new glasses!! Doesn’t it make allllllll this difference when you find the perfect pair?!?
I got a couple new pairs of glasses last year (I really treated myself 3d lens, 12 pt. focus, transition) and one of them was also pink! Because it’s really the little things hahha!
Happy to eat this anytime boo!
ugh YES! I just want to strut my eyes all over town! You did it up RIGHT, sis!