I did it. I’ve taken the plunge.
I’ve done a swan dive into the deep blue sea that is finally binge watching Friends.
Why has it taken me this long, you ask? Oh, I don’t know. I’m just not big on conforming.
This isn’t true. I love rules and following order. 10 seasons of anything is just such a big commitment. Who has the time? Who can stand to see this exquisitely cast ensemble in timeless situations? Who wants to just be blissfully ignorant of the world’s turmoil for perfectly carved out 20 minute blocks of time? Well, everyone unless you are a space alien or someone with a really radical social life. It’s just such a darn good program, ya know? I always LOVED having the same name as Jennifer Aniston’s character. My dad used to tell me, “They gave the prettiest girl the prettiest name.” This gave me a complex for a long time, but man, did I love hearing it! And the CLOTHES! My mother dressed just like them in the 90s and I idolized her style. I wish it was still acceptable for women in their mid to late 20s to sport their bare midriff in any and every situation. How freeing.
It’s nice watching on Netflix because every like 3 episodes it judges me and asks if I’m still watching.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup of lentils, cooked
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 12 oz. can of tomato sauce
- 6 oz. can of tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Buns for serving
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add green pepper, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add tomato sauce + paste + soy sauce + apple cider vinegar + chili powder + cumin + oregano + paprika + red pepper + S+P, bring to a lil boil, turn down heat + simmer for 7-8 minutes
- Add beans + lentils, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Serve on toasted buns
- Strap on your bib + pull that hair in your nastiest top knot + just smash your face in a large plate of this