Favorite places on Earth in order: 1) Airports 2) Trader Joe’s
That’s it. That’s the whole list.
Those are the places I am the most at home, the best version of myself, really.
Because my local TJ’s is legit over an hour away, I adopt the PPPPP motto. Prior planning prevents poor performance. There is no room for error on these trips. A list is non-negotiable. It’s impossible to walk into that heavenly establishment without impulse buying, but you have to set some ground rules. Only one unnecessary purchase from each aisle – two from the frozen food aisle that’s lined with the cookies and sweet treats. Because it’s so far, I can only make it on weekends, meaning the joint is jumping. Peeps are packed in there like sardines! Comfortable shoes are a must. Keep your head down and your elbows slightly bowed – you might have to throw a couple if you and some gal are both reaching for the last cauliflower gnocchi. When shopping with pals, consider sharing a cart – this cuts down on the space you and your posse take up. It also makes you all look like a couple of radical broads on a mission cause you’re carrying a lot of stuff in your arms trying to catch up with your rogue cart as your friend beelines to the cheese.
Do consider tipping your checkout guy if you share a cart because you will inevitably aggravate the stew out of him as you all divvy up your goodies.
Time: 1 1/2 hours (prep + cooking) | Seves: 3-4
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3 tsp. of baking powder
- 2 zucchini, washed + shredded
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup of favie non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. of flax seed
- 1 tsp. of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. of nutmeg
- Pinch of S
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare a flax egg by combining flax seed + 3 tbsp. of hot water, stir + set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour + sugars + baking powder + cinnamon + nutmeg + S, mix well
- Add zucchini + banana + milk + olive oil + vanilla + flax egg, mix well
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper + spray with some nonstick spray
- Pour batter into pan + spread in an even layer
- Bake one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Let cool for a bit
- Serve warm, cold, room temp, for breakfast, lunch dinner, snack, I don’t care just eat it and if you don’t feel instantly happier, I’ll give you your money back, no I won’t
Adapted from here!
4 thoughts on “Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread”
Zucchini bread is my fave!!
SAME, sis! Could eat this everyday for REAL.
So sad that you live so far from a Trader Joe’s! I don’t know what I would do without one right around the corner. If I ever move, I’ll have to bookmark this post for all your shopping tips!
I know, right?! It’s a tragedy!