What kind of backwoods, boonies town do I live in that we just got recycling cans like yesterday??
For months, my plastics and cardboard have gone into the TRASH.
The deforestation and pollution I must have caused. I shudder!
To make up for the many trees I undoubtedly destroyed, I decided to take a couple of proactive measures. First, I purchased a reusable straw. These are very in right now. It came in a stylish lil pink container with an easy cleaning tool! I used it like 4 times and every time I whipped it out I felt like an environmental crusader, just doing my part one sip at a time. Then I left it at a restaurant, obviously. To compensate, I offered to take the recyclables home after volunteering at church on Sunday. We’re leaving and I throw a giant trash bag full of milk cartons over my shoulder. Garr stops in his tracks and is like, “What are you doing….?” I explained and he is all, no, nope, not happening, we are not starting this. Apparently, he thinks taking recyclables from church might be a gateway drug. Like, eventually I’ll start calling random restaurants and offering to pick up their salvageable materials.
Ha! He’s funny. I’m not ready for that, I’m still working on my spreadsheet of local shops that don’t recycle.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 roma tomato, diced
- 1 cup of carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup of cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup of buffalo sauce
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Tortillas, for serving
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add chickpeas + onion powder + garlic powder + paprika + cumin + chili powder + S+P, cook 4-5 minutes or until starting to crisp
- Add buffalo sauce, coat + cook another 2 minutes
- To serve, lay out a warmed up tortilla on a flat surface, top with chickpeas + tomato + carrots + cabbage + avocado
- Roll up, folding the sides in as you go, until you have a nice lil burrito baby
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Hold burrito in both hands, length wise, and nibble on it like a corn on the cob, terrifying all your pals