I have the music in me.
In that, it’s trapped inside of me & I can’t help but belt tunes at the top of my lungs at all hours of the day despite sharing walls with neighbors.
So I’m channeling my energy into a new hobby: I am going to teach myself to play the guitar.
Turns out it’s like really difficult. I was trying to learn some v basic chords the other day and thought I was going to break my fingers. I went to yoga the next morning and my left hand cramped so badly I almost collapsed. Is this normal? Anyways, I really suck. First, my guitar needs to be tuned. Having less than no experience, I do not know how to fix this on my own. I just keep twisting the knobby things and plucking and I stop when my ears stop bleeding. Second, I think I should chop off my fingernails??? They seem to inhibit me. Third, I need a kewl strap and a microphone stand so I can stand in front of the mirror and strum while performing for myself. This is all I really want to do tbh. Put on concerts for myself and keep the delusion alive that I am jam packed full of hidden talent and at any moment an agent will walk into my bedroom (if this happened, I should prob be concerned for my safety) and whisk me to Hollywood and I will grace the cover of a couple of major magazines and have a sitcom written around my life. I digress.
If all else fails, I’ll just dramatically bust the guitar and crowd surf off the stage and into my imaginary audience.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup of pasta
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 6 mini sweet peppers, sliced thin
- 8 mini multi-colored carrots, sliced thin
- 3 radishes, peeled + sliced thin
- 4 cups of arugula
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of agave
- S+P, to taste
- Hemp seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet, bake 15 minutes
- Remove from oven + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P, bake another 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Meanwhile, meanwhile, whisk together remaining olive oil + lemon juice + dijon + agave + S+P
- To serve, combine arugula + pasta + chickpeas + cucumber + peppers + carrots + radishes + drizzle with vinaigrette
- Serve chilled or room temp
- Take a small broom + brush plate contents into mouth to avoid leaving any crumbs behind
Adapted from here!