I have the music in me.
In that, it’s trapped inside of me & I can’t help but belt tunes at the top of my lungs at all hours of the day despite sharing walls with neighbors.
So I’m channeling my energy into a new hobby: I am going to teach myself to play the guitar.
Turns out it’s like really difficult. I was trying to learn some v basic chords the other day and thought I was going to break my fingers. I went to yoga the next morning and my left hand cramped so badly I almost collapsed. Is this normal? Anyways, I really suck. First, my guitar needs to be tuned. Having less than no experience, I do not know how to fix this on my own. I just keep twisting the knobby things and plucking and I stop when my ears stop bleeding. Second, I think I should chop off my fingernails??? They seem to inhibit me. Third, I need a kewl strap and a microphone stand so I can stand in front of the mirror and strum while performing for myself. This is all I really want to do tbh. Put on concerts for myself and keep the delusion alive that I am jam packed full of hidden talent and at any moment an agent will walk into my bedroom (if this happened, I should prob be concerned for my safety) and whisk me to Hollywood and I will grace the cover of a couple of major magazines and have a sitcom written around my life. I digress.
If all else fails, I’ll just dramatically bust the guitar and crowd surf off the stage and into my imaginary audience.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 cup of pasta
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 6 mini sweet peppers, sliced thin
- 8 mini multi-colored carrots, sliced thin
- 3 radishes, peeled + sliced thin
- 4 cups of arugula
- 5 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. of agave
- S+P, to taste
- Hemp seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet, bake 15 minutes
- Remove from oven + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P, bake another 15 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, drain
- Meanwhile, meanwhile, whisk together remaining olive oil + lemon juice + dijon + agave + S+P
- To serve, combine arugula + pasta + chickpeas + cucumber + peppers + carrots + radishes + drizzle with vinaigrette
- Serve chilled or room temp
- Take a small broom + brush plate contents into mouth to avoid leaving any crumbs behind
Adapted from here!
7 thoughts on “Spring Pasta Salad”
Looks delicious and very springy!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Looks amazing 😋 So fresh.
It looks wonderfully delicious 😋💚☀️
I’m cracking up. My husband plays guitar and teaches. You can’t have nails and it really DOES hurt your hands! We have bottles of New Skin everywhere.
Perfect for the season.
Sounds good and healthy 🙂