How can I ever accurately express the impact Celine Dion has had on my life?
I suppose I’d have to go back to the beginning. When a six-year-old Rachel sat in the movie theatre after her first screening of Titanic and the credits rolled. Something inside of me just clicked.
My Heart Will Go On became the first in what would become a collection of ballads I would memorize and sing at all hours of the day staring at myself in the mirror performing in a melodramatic fashion.
And now, in less than one year, I will see my idol in person. I will breathe her angelic air and hear her golden voice live. Because my mother knows me to my core, she was determined to get these tickets. She joined a Celine fan club to get early access to tickets and on the morning they went on sale, she was prepared to fight the masses with two cell phones, an iPad and a laptop. After we lost out on Adele tickets in 2016, she was not taking any chances! After about 73 failed attempts, she gets them. 8 tickets for me, her and 6 of my BFFs. It’s not until after she’s paid she realizes she accidentally bought us VIP tickets. Like, OK, do I smell a meet and greet in my future?!?!! After further research, we discover the 8 VIP tickets we purchased give us 8 commemorative lanyards and 1 CD. A single CD. For the 8 of us to share. We’ll be creating a rotation schedule so everyone gets equal amount of time with the disc.
And we are also all going to channel different Celines for our wardrobe and makeup, so we or may not go viral.
Time: 1.5 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 tart
- 1 puff pastry
- 4 rainbow carrots
- 1/2 a bunch of asparagus
- 1 cup of basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp. of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Thaw puff pastry for 40 minutes
- Arrange carrots + asparagus on two lined baking sheets
- Drizzle each with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast 20 minutes, tossing once in the middle, remove the asparagus, cook carrots a couple more minutes
- Meanwhile combine basil + walnuts + nutritional yeast + garlic + lemon juice + S+P in a food processor, process on low + add in remaining olive oil
- Spray a baking sheet with oil + place puff pastry on sheet
- Spread pesto on thawed puff pastry, leaving edges plain
- Cut carrots in half, length wise + place them + asparagus on top of the tart in whatever order your heart desires
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crisp to your desire
- Cut in quarters + serve warm
- Take a quarter in your hand + crunch it up over your tilted mouth letting the crumblies fill your pie hole