Apparently, I have what some like to call Rolls Royce taste on a Honda budget.
We’re shopping for our first home.
And we could just get a lot more house for the money if our budget was like $800,000.
Honestly, Garrett is the problem. He’s wildly against a fixer upper because he doesn’t want to spend his time making improvements. I’m really down for whatever. As long as there are at least 2.5 baths, floor to ceiling windows with lots of natural light and a giant kitchen with white marble countertops and white cabinets, I’m set. I’m simple, really. I don’t mind having to make a couple of updates to get our dream home. But I can’t even online search with Garr anymore. If we look at a house and the curtains are ugly, he’s like nope, no, can’t, exit out of this page, I’m out. He can’t look past the poor decorating choices and see the good bones of a place. We saw one and he was like ugh NO I’d have to rip off that wall paper. The audacity! He thinks we just need to buy a new build. I was like OK great, that sounds really nice, why don’t you just loosen the grip on your pocketbook, good sir.
How easy is it to buy a house behind your husband’s back? Asking for a friend.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 head of romaine, washed + shredded
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced thin
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup of banana peppers
- 1/4 cup of roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup of quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 2 tsp. of oregano
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- Pinch of sugar
- S+P, to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, set aside
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil + red wine vinegar + lemon juice + oregano + garlic powder + onion powder + sugar + S+P, refrigerate until ready to use
- In a big bowl combine lettuce + cucumber + onion + tomatoes + kalamata olives + peppers
- Pour onto a big cutting board
- Using a ulu knife, chop up the salad to your desire
- Add back to bowl + add quinoa + mix in dressing
- Serve chilled
- Using a spatula, shovel salad contents into mouth until they are all gone and you have eaten your daily calories in salad