They told me marriage would be hard.
That we’d have to work at it every single day.
But I thought we’d be different. We’d beat the odds. But no one prepared me for the biggest marital threat of all.
The thermostat. I’m not exaggerating when I say we argue about the thermostat AT LEAST twice everyday. Cozy is really my only aspiration in life. I just want to be comfortable in lil socks, leggings, a tee & perhaps a light sweater. I should NOT have to wear a parka, earmuffs and mittens in my home. It’s cruel! I’m a very normal, 72 degree type of girl. That’s the perfect indoor temperature no matter the season. Garr, on the other hand, would like it at 65 degrees with all ceilings fans on full blast at all times. Yes, he wants me to contract pneumonia. His absolute favorite line to me when I complain or put my ice cold hands on his face, “You can put on more layers, I can only get so naked.” I’m sorry, just because you sweat like a stuffed pig, I’m supposed to freeze to death?!
When we buy our home, we’re each getting our own wing.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2
- 4 pieces of ezekiel bread, toasted
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 1 can of large butter beans, drained (I looked all over for fresh + couldn’t find any – if anyone knows the hookup, let me know!)
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup of sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add beans, cook for 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add sundried tomatoes + lemon juice, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add crushed red pepper + S+P, stir to coat + turn off heat
- Meanwhile, add some S+P to your avo mash
- To assemble, spread a piece of toast with avo + top with butter beans
- Repeat with remaining ingredients
- Once you’ve devoured, refer to yourself as Butterbean and force your sweetie to do the same