Conflabit, I love a good comeback.
I am SO here for all of these TV reboots and sequels and adaptations and anything else that gives my eyeballs or earholes fresh content.
Bring it all back! Jennifer Aniston was on Ellen the other day and she said she’s down for a Friends reboot. CAN YOU IMAGINE?!
But the comeback I am most unashamedly excited for is none other than….drumroll, please…..The Jonas Brothers. This new album literally ROCKED MY SOCKS OFF. I have not stopped playing it since Friday and the end is nowhere in sight. I wish I could explain what these three brothers meant to me in 2008. I will sum it up by sharing I did have a Joe Jonas fitted tee that I wore under my clothes occasionally. I’ve just always loved them unconditionally. Their music resonated deeply with my naive soul. Plus, they were in Camp Rock which is only one of the top 8 greatest Disney Channel films of all time – supremely underrated and better than the more popular High School Music. Controversial opinion, I know, but I STAND BY IT. I’m just so happy the boys are back together. I really think this is what our country needs right now to bring peace and unity to our communities.
Also, Garrett is out having divorce papers drafted because he claims he’d rather be alone than listen to the JoBros for one more second. Weird.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 pineapple, sliced in 1/2 inch thick rounds
- 2 ears of corn
- 6 corn tortillas, cut in lil strips
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 1 avocado, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Arrange tortilla strips on a lined baking sheet + bake for 10 minutes, tossing once in the middle
- Remove + sprinkle with + S+P, set to the side
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add jalapeno + red peppers + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add beans + chili powder + cumin + smoked paprika + S+P, cook another 4-5 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat a grill or grill pan over medium heat + spray with oil
- Grill pineapple on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until you have nice lil char marks
- Grill corn for about 20 minutes, flipping on each side every 5 minutes or so
- Once cooled, cut pineapple in chunks + shuck the corn
- To serve, combine rice + black bean mix + pineapple + corn + avocado + tortilla strips + cilantro
- Mix up all your bowl ingredients + dump into large trough, eat from it whilst on hands + knees like the animal you are