On my ever-expanding journey to become a better person, I’ve decided to stop complaining.
For a week. I’m only going to stop complaining for a week.
Baby steps, people.
I was listening to K-Love on the way to yoga the other morning and was inspired by one of the sweet preachers who basically told me to get my act together and stop complaining all the time because I have everything I could ever need. Like, OK when you put it that way. At first I was like man this is going to be a piece of cake. I’m not really a complainer. I mean, I’m pretty self-deprecating, but I don’t really complain. Or so I thought… Man, I started evaluating my thoughts a little more closely and I whine about EVERYTHING. The weather, money, not having enough hours in the day, my face, my hair, my love handles, etc. You name it, I can probably find something pretty negative to say about it. It’s a gift really. But I’ve actually done pretty well the last 48 hours! Perhaps I’ve turned over a positive leaf!
Then I had to call my internet provider and complain about my bill so alas I’m starting my week of no complaints fresh tomorrow.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of tempeh, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of ginger, ground
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- Cilantro, for serving
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Add tempeh + soy sauce, cook for 5-6 minutes or until browned slightly
- Add onion + some S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add pepper + garlic + ginger, cook another 4-5 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine coconut milk + lime juice + curry powder + red pepper + S+P
- Stir in coconut milk mixture + mango, bring to a boil, reduce heat + simmer for 15 minutes
- Serve hot over brown rice with some cilantro
- Using a funnel to avoid spillage, pour mango + tempeh curry into mouth + guzzle it down like a champion
Adapted from here!