I’m in the best shape of my life.
That’s really not saying much considering my default state is a giant sack of spoiled potatoes nestled in a couch cushion.
My daily hot yoga sessions have made me ripped! JK I have like one semblance of a tricep and that’s it, but it’s prob the best I’ll ever get, so I’m milking it.
Tbh I thought I was ready to like run a marathon or get in a street fight or really take on anything. So when Garr suggested a hike this past weekend I was game. We hiked in WA and I totes held my own – even without triceps! So I fully planned to smoke everyone and come in first place (in the race I created in my mind and shared with no one). I was extra jazzed because G said there was a waterfall at the end of the hike. I was like zomg EPIC photos are about to be ours. I am PUMPED UP. I am pushing it those first 2.5 miles. My breathing is good, I am getting after it. We get to the “waterfall” and it is literally a river surrounded by trees so I can not even take in the majesty of nature and then a couple of like babbling brooks. Womp womp. We got some subpar photos with the trees and recharged with some sammies and kept moving. Ya girl bout fell out on the way back. If Garrett didn’t have a rucksack on his back, I would have absolutely made him carry me to the car.
It’s been suggested I start doing a lil bit of cardio.
Time: 1.5 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 tacos
- 6 small beets, cleaned + peeled + cut in 1/2 inch thick quarters
- 1 zucchini, sliced thin
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tbsp. of sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of pure cane sugar
- S+P, to taste
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 6 corn tortillas, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Lime, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- In a small bowl, combine apple cider vinegar + sugar + 1 cup of warm water + 2 tsp. of S
- Pour that over a bowl containing your red onion slices, let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Meanwhile, spread beets on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Roast 30 minutes, tossing once in the middle of cooking
- Sprinkle your zucchini slices with some S+P
- Warm your tortillas – I throw mine in a warm oven for a couple of minutes or microwave in a wet paper towel for about 20 seconds
- Place some beets in a tortilla with zucchini + onions + avocado + seeds + cilantro + some lime juice, repeat
- Roll these lil guys up like taquitos + let them dangle from your lips like delicate, edible, scrumptious cigarillos
Adapted from here!