I’ve had a disturbing realization.
Rather, it’s come to my attention that there are human beings out there in our very own world that are not motivated by food?
I’m sorry, so like…what do you live for?
Every single one of my days is measured in food. I live one meal to the next. My next meal is what keeps me motivated to keep going through the day. Right now as I’m writing this, I’m thinking about how tasty my breakfast is going to be tomorrow. And all other meals are planned. Any time I venture outside of my house, snacks are packed. When I travel, I have to be sure I know when and where I’ll be having my meals. Food just rules me. And I love it. Up until now, I just assumed we were all like this….???? Apparently this is not the case and I am FLOORED. No joke, there are people out there who just *forget* to eat. Literally have never done that one day in my life for any meal. What do people think about all day if not the food they will soon enjoy? What do they spend their time looking at on the interwebs if not restaurant reviews and recipes? What does it mean for someone to not be a “foodie?” How do I respond to that? How can I help these people?
Tbh I think they’re probably too far gone for even medical attention.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. of ginger, minced
- 1/2 head of purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup of carrots, cut in match sticks
- 2 cups of mushrooms
- 1 head of broccoli, cut in tiny florets
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Green onion, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Rice, for serving
- Heat oil in a wok over medium heat
- Add onion, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic + ginger, cook another minute
- Add cabbage + carrots + mushrooms + broccoli + crushed red pepper, cook 6-7 minutes
- Add soy sauce, cook another 2 minutes
- Serve hot over rice with green onion + sesame seeds + avocado
- Pretend like you are on an episode of Chopped + have to transform all the ingredients to pulse them in a blender + serve to pals in smoothie form