I am a 19 year old frat boy.
In that I have been living like a stuffed pig this week.
Garr was traveling this week and I was bound and determined to get the house spic and span after several weeks of both of us traveling.
The laundry basket overflowing with three clean loads I’ve yet to fold tell a different story. I literally just dug through it to get some clean workout clothes for yoga tomorrow. I am ashamed of myself. Yet here I sit. Writing this. Instead of doing my chores. The irony. I was also going to clean all the bathrooms. I managed to put my hairbrush under the sink and contact solution in the drawer. The end. I also had big plans to sweep & mop on my lunch break. Did I instead read The Bachelorette spoilers? You better believe it. I even only ran Felix (roomba) once in 4 days. That is literally unacceptable! He’s used to a daily workout. I’ve reached a new level of lazy if I cannot *press* his button. I’m blaming it on the full moon. It’s sucking my energy for its weird lunar purposes.
I have at least showered every day and for that I applaud myself.
Time: 2 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 12 bars
- 2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- Pinch of S
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, melted
- 12 oz. of pitted dates
- 1 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vegan semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray + top with a sheet of parchment paper
- Meanwhile, combine flour + oats + sugar + S
- Slowly stir in melted butter until combined
- Scoop 2/3 of the mix into the bottom of the baking dish + pat into a flat layer
- Pop in the freezer while you make the filling
- In a food processor, combine dates + vanilla + pinch of S + 1/2 cup of hot water + process on high until smooth
- Transfer to a bowl + fold in chocolate chips
- Spread date mix on top of the oat base
- Top with leftover oat mix + pat down
- Bake for 40 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool for an hour + pop in the freezer for a bit to set
- Cut into bars + serve! Or individually wrap them + pop back in the freezer for snacking throughout the week
- Fasten on your bib, partner, there are going to be some serious crumbs
Adapted from here!