Y’all, the Lord is doing WORK up in here!
Not that He’s not always busy concocting up some miracles & what not, but I’ve just been really feeling it lately.
It’s been a tough like….year and a half lawlz. My struggles are no greater than anyone else’s. Just normal life stuff. But occasionally I feel like a tyrannosaurus rex has sucker punched me in the jugular and I just need a few minutes to wallow.
Then, God, man. He just comes on in there and shakes me up a lil, tells me to get a grip & keep going. Like, He has surrounded me with the most abundant blessings. I have food, water, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, a hella sexy hunk that gets me, and fab friends and fam. Tbh, that’s way more than I deserve, so why I BE COMPLAININ’ ALL THE TIME?! Through lots of prayer and reflection, I just feel like the Lord is planting a lil more peace up in me to just accept the plans He has and keep on keepin’ on. Hallelujah for our dope church that has helped us grow in our faith & just become all around nicer, less judgmental folks, too lol. I don’t talk about the big man in the sky too often, but it hit me a few months ago when a pal asked me if I prayed that I am obvio not doing enough if it’s not clear in how I live that I love Jesus with my whole entire ridiculously lame being. Prob because I spew negativity and self-hatred so much, but it’s called BRANDING, PEOPLE. So, just a reminder that there is a beautiful, kind, compassionate, forgiving, gracious, merciful, love bug of a God who thinks the world of you and wants nothing but good for you.
Unless you’re still team Jed after that Bachelorette finale, then you need to get right with the Lord.
JK, but seriously, we need to talk.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 package of soba noodles
- 1/2 of an english cucumber, sliced in matchsticks
- 6 radishes, sliced in matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 cup of carrots, sliced in matchsticks
- 1/3 cup of rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. of toasted sesame oil
- Green onion, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Sesame seeds, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- In a bowl, combine rice vinegar + olive oil + Sriracha + sesame oil
- Add all veggies to a bowl + pour sauce on top, stir to combine
- Cook soba to package directions + rinse under cold water
- Add to bowl with veggies + season with some S+P, toss to coat
- Serve chilled with green onion + cilantro + sesame seeds
- Twirl a big ole spoonful of this ish onto your fork + prancercise around your kitchen
Updated from here!