I said this time would be different.
I wouldn’t fall into the same trap I end up in every few years.
I’ve grown, I’ve changed, I’m strong.
Then August 23rd came around and Taylor Swift dropped Lover and all my resolve went out the window. The album is killer, man. I was the first person to tell anyone I talked to about it that I felt like this would be her worst yet. I didn’t like the singles. I wasn’t feeling her ‘tude about the whole thing. I was OK with the idea of this being an off year for her. I listened to the whole thing once through and I was like dagnabit she done made me a liar! It’s so good. It gives me Red vibes which is unarguably her best album of all time and quite possibly won’t be topped. Even the singles I didn’t enjoy as they stood alone sound better when played with the rest of the songs. Why, oh why, is she so good at connecting with twenty-something upper middle class females?!?!?!
Though I do need to have a talk with her about the v unnecessary Leo lyric in The Man.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 6 tacos + extra salsa
- 1 cup of lentils
- 1 pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime + the zest
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of onion powder
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of tomato paste
- S+P, to taste
- Warm tortillas, for serving
- In a bowl, combine pineapple + red pepper + red onion + jalapeno + cilantro + olive oil + juice of 1/2 the lime+ S+P, mix well + refrigerate until ready to serve
- Cook lentils according to package directions
- Once lentils are just about cooked, mix in remaining lime juice + zest + chili powder + cumin + smoked paprika + onion powder + garlic powder + tomato paste + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes until all liquid is absorbed
- To serve, spread some lentils in a warm tortilla + top with salsa
- Smear leftover lentils on face for a detoxifying mask + feed yourself chunks of pineapple
Adapted from here!