WHAT A WEEK AND A HALF, I TELL YOU!
Your girl has been plumb RUNNING. Not like the exercising kind, though. Quite the opposite, in fact.
My BFF came to visit for a few days. Then I went home to Memphis for a week. When these two things happen, I lose all self control and morph into the gluttonous creature God intended.
For example, while out to dinner last Saturday before the Kacey Musgraves concert, I single handedly ate three baskets of chips with salsa. I really wish I was exaggerating. I was in actual pain the next day and resolved to never do that again. Then Monday rolls around and my daddy offers to take me to my favie Mexican restaurant in Memphis. What do I do? WORK on another two baskets of chips. Moral of this story: I LOVE CHIPS. & also I have this problem where I don’t stop eating when I’m full???? It’s not great. How does one just not overeat when there is tasty food in front of one? Like, as a rule, I don’t take home leftovers from restaurants. Not because I’m morally opposed, there are just literally 0 leftovers to take.
Now I’m home and trying to detox but my stomach is stretched out so lotssss of peanut butter is happening.
Time: 1.5 hours (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 spaghetti squash, halved + seeds scooped out
- 1 bunch of asparagus, trimmed + halved
- 1 carrot, peeled thin with a vegetable peeler
- 1 zucchini, cut into tiny bits
- 4 tomatoes off the vine, cut into chunks
- 4 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of basil, chiffonaded
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Toasted pumpkin seeds, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400
- Drizzle spaghetti squash insides with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Arrange on a lined baking sheet, cut side down + stab with a fork a couple times
- Roast for 40 minutes
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil
- Add asparagus + cook 3 minutes, pour into a colander + rinse with cold water
- Chop roughly into tiny bits
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add zucchini + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add asparagus + carrot + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Remove veggies from the pan
- Add tomatoes to a food processor + process until smooth
- Heat remaining olive oil to the skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute
- Add tomatoes + S+P, bring to a boil, reduce heat + let simmer for about 20 minutes, if a lil thin, add some coconut milk
- Add basil + crushed red pepper
- To serve, place some spaghetti squash noodles in a bowl + top with veggies + sauce + pumpkin seeds
- Gently mix up all of the goodness + use your fork to gingerly twirl the noodles like you’re in an Olive Garden commercial + slurp them down like you’re also at an Olive Garden