I have made a grave error.
I asked my husband to train me and whip my behind into shape.
I already regret my decision.
I’ve gotten this *workout* buzz about 4 times since we’ve been married, I’d say. I last maybe three weeks and then call it quits after I lose two pounds and see some lil muscles forming. THIS TIME WILL BE DIFFERENT. Yes, I’ve said this before, but I really actually think I might possibly be a little more motivated this go round! I’ve done just over a week of his daily workouts. I am sore all over and would prefer to get around via wheelchair right now, but alas. I’m also counting my macros which I actually hate more than the working out. I didn’t need a lil app to tell me I eat more carbs than I should – I KNOW, OK, IT’S CALLED AN ADDICTION AND I’M WORKING ON IT.
I weighed out my peanut butter snack the other day and learned I have been eating 1230958x an appropriate amount……………..
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 lb. of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 can of black beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 white onion, slice thin
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of arugula
- 1 cup of toasted pecans, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, diced
- Juice of 1/2 a lime + more for serving
- 1/4 cup of olive oil + 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- S+P, to taste
- Tortillas, for serving
- Brown rice, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add green pepper, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add mushrooms + cumin + chili powder + S+P, cook 5-7 minutes
- Add black beans + S+P, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Meanwhile, combine arugula + pecans + jalapenos + juice of 1/2 a lime + 1/4 cup of olive oil + S+P in a bowl
- To serve, arrange some mushroom mix in a warm tortilla + top with arugula + serve with extra lime + brown rice
- Locate the Honey, I Shrunk the Kids device + shrink yourself to fajita size + curl up in tortilla + nap in between the goodness
Adapted from here!