Give me a mic, put me in front of athletes & roll the camera.
Because I am ready to become a sports reporter.
I’m not sure why it’s taken me 28 long years to discover my destiny.
Prob because I didn’t like sports until I was 25 and even then I only learned the rules like last year, but that’s neither here nor there. I went to my first NHL game this weekend. Am now a BIG hockey guy. It’s quick, it’s violent, I dig it. I just love the camaraderie at sporting events. All the strangers drinking overpriced brewskis and shouting at the top of their lungs, hoping for the same outcome. I love giving out high fives all willy nilly and becoming fast friends with the bros next to me. America, man. I think I could really provide some colorful commentary to stale ESPN and the like. All their anchors know too much, like rules and player names. It’ll be less analyzing plays and more analyzing athlete moods and crowd energy – the important stuff.
Oh, and I’ll pack lil vegan treats for everyone to snack on in between plays!
Time: 1 hour (prep + baking) | Serves: 6-8
- 1 1/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- Pinch of S
- 1/2 cup of vegan butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of pure cane sugar
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of creamy PB
- 1 tbsp. of flax meal
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray
- In a tiny bowl, combine flax with 3 tbsp. of warm water, mix + set aside
- In a bowl, whisk flour + baking soda + S, set aside
- In a mixer bowl, combine butter + sugars + PB, beat for two minutes on medium
- Add in flax egg + vanilla extract, mix on high for a minute to get all that good good combined
- Turn mixer on low + slowly add in dry ingredients a lil at a time until all combined
- Turn off mixer + fold in chocolate chips
- Spread cookie dough + pat down evenly in skillet
- Bake 25 minutes, remove + let cool (it’ll cook more in the warm AF skillet!)
- Cut + serve warm
- Let it sit out on your counter + nibble on it every time you walk by + see if you can beat our household record of devouring in 5 hours
Adapted from here!
2 thoughts on “PB + Chocolate Chip Skillet”
Did you know all moms need chocolate every day? I told my children this, so I know it’s true. lol 🤣
OK, I moved ahead bypassing the Beet Burgers (wtf?) and landed here. This appears to be something I might could eat. When my stomach has settled. I’m unfamiliar with vegan chocolate? Might you share what’s in it and why regular chocolate won’t do? You know my tastes, be honest, would I enjoy this dish?