When I die, just bury me in CenturyLink Field.
My addiction to the Seattle Seahawks is impacting my health.
I can’t sleep, I overeat, it’s a problem.
Last night, they played at 8:15pm. Well, ya girl is SNOOZING by 9pm, so this presented a major problem. I watched for a few minutes, then shut it off at promptly 8:58pm, telling myself I would wake up to the outcome and be OK no matter what. I plumb SHOT out of bed at midnight & the first thing I did was check the final score. SEAHAWKS WIN, BABAY. Well, now I’m obviously too hyped up to sleep. I spend the rest of the evening tossing and turning with joy and faint anxiety that I dreamt the win as opposed to it being real. I legit woke up 6 more times dreaming of Russell Wilson and company just tossing the pigskin and being my baby boys.
We’re going to a game in a couple of weeks & I might just have Garrett leave me there & I’ll find work in a hotdog kiosk.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 bunch of broccolini, trimmed
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 shallot, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1 cauliflower, riced in a food processor
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- S+P, to taste
- Pomegranate seeds, for serving
- Hummus, for serving
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat
- Arrange broccolini in an even layer + add S+P + crushed red pepper, cook + char all over, 6-8 minutes
- Remove + add another tbsp. of olive oil
- Add shallot + S+P, cook 2-3 minutes
- Add beans + S+P, cook 4-5 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Remove + add remaining olive oil
- Add tomatoes + S+P, cook for 5-6 minutes until nice + blistered
- Meanwhile, add 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of a large skillet + add S+P, bring to a simmer
- Add cauliflower rice, bring to a simmer, reduce heat + cover + cook for 10 minutes, season with S+P
- To serve, arrange cauli cous cous on a plate + top with broccolini + beans + tomatoes + top with pomegranate seeds + hummus
- Mix up all the goodness + slingshot bits of food into your own mouth without damaging an eyeball