2020 is the year of decluttering.
I want to sell all of my possessions and live in a sterile environment with the bare essentials. I feel like I really just need a bed, a plate or two, a pot and maybe like a hot plate or something.
Basically, I should just go to jail.
I need space! Mental and physical space to just roam and focus on the important things in life. Or something. Idk what I’m talking about anymore. But I do know I’m decluttering! This weekend, I’m forcing Garr to help me tackle the kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I want to get rid of at least 1/2 the things we own and organize what remains. He loves when I have a really long honey-do list for him on Saturdays. In addition, I have unsubscribed from almost all emails. Literally only Bath and Body Works can get in touch with me now. I am also off Facebook and my personal instagram. I simply do not have the mental capacity to scroll through social media and process all the selfies and political rants anymore. I’m exhausted. Hopefully with all this mental and physical space I will have the room to find and fulfill my destiny!
Which is probably just being really good at puzzles and avoiding socialization.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled + chopped
- 1 red fuji apple, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 package of tempeh, cubed
- 1 cup of kale, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. of garlic
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- Avocado, for serving
- In a bowl, combine dijon + soy sauce + garlic + 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- Add tempeh, coat + set aside
- Meanwhile, heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add sweet potatoes + chili powder + smoked paprika + cumin + S+P, cook 8- 10 minutes or until potatoes start to brown on the outside + become tender
- Add tempeh, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Add apple, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Add kale + S+P, cook one more minute
- Serve warm with some avocado slices
- Enjoy guilt free knowing you didn’t even cave + add a bucket of rice to this
3 thoughts on “Sweet Potato + Apple Hash”
What a wonderful combination of flavors! 🍃🍎
I like it!!! Sounds delicious.