This world is the freaking worst.
I want no parts of it! I want out!
The brokenness, the suffering, we weren’t meant for it. This wasn’t God’s design for us.
Recently it seems our circle of humans is experiencing more loss and sadness than ever. It leaves me with so many questions and so much confusion. We’re experiencing the loss of loved ones, pregnancies, and dreams. We’re introduced to health problems, financial stresses and relationship issues. It’s just all too much. I wish we could all have the desires of our hearts and our pain washed away. I don’t have anything clever or cute to say. I’m just sad. My faith has really been shaken the last few weeks, but I won’t let go. I’m holding tight to the promises of God. I trust He is in control and near our broken hearts.
And I trust in soup. Lots and lots of soup.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of harissa
- 3 cans of cannellini beans, drained + rinsed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 bunch of broccolini, florets cut off + stems diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Cilantro, for serving
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of crushed red peppers
- S+P, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a stock pot over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add garlic, cook another minute
- Add harissa, cook stirring often for 2-3 minutes
- Add beans + S+P, cook 2-3 minutes, smushing a few of them
- Add broth + broccolini stems, bring to a simmer + cook for 20 minutes
- Add broccoli tops + lemon juice + crushed red pepper + S+P
- Serve hot with cilantro
- Curl up in jammies + blankies, grab some Kleenex + just drown your sorrows in the whole vat of this
Adapted from here!