I have a greatness hangover.
From breathing the same air as Celine Dion two nights ago.
Never again in the rest of my ever loving life will I ever be in the same room as someone better.
Since I was 6 years old, this woman has been my literal everything. What she did, I did in the mirror 10x over until I had it JUST right. I about FAINTED when she used a mic with a cord the entire night. If you don’t think I learned to twirl a mic with a cord and catch it at just the right moment like Celine does, you are MISTAKEN. & her ARMS. The paparazzi make it seem like she’s too thin or something. I am here to tell you this woman is a BEAST. Her arms rival Michelle Obama’s, there I said it. So strong, so graceful, so much power! She was doing, like, lunges and backbends and let us remember she is 51. I cannot. Don’t even get me started on her performance of My Heart Will Go On. She came out of the darkness in a giant ball gown & the Titanic music was playing & I just sobbed and sobbed until I was exhausted & my mascara was everywhere.
& I tried to convince the arena attendants our VIP passes meant we actually got to meet her and I went through three levels of people until I was told to please leave.
Time; 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3 dozen cookies
- 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of chopped coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tsp. of poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. of nutmeg
- 1 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 cup of plant-based butter, softened
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 2 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tbsp. of flax seed
- In a small bowl, combine flax + 2.5 tbsp. of warm water, set aside
- In a bowl, combine flours + coconut + poppy seeds + nutmeg + ginger + baking powder + a pinch of salt
- In a mixer, combine butter + sugar until creamed together
- Add vanilla + oil, beat on low
- Once combined, add egg, + beat until combined
- Slowly add in dry ingredients until everything is combined + it’s formed in a ball
- Turn the bowl upside down on a large piece of parchment paper
- Cover with another piece of parchment paper + roll into a thin rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick
- Refrigerate for an hour
- Preheat oven to 375
- Remove the top parchment paper sheet + cut using a sharp knife into lil squares, placing on parchment paper lined cookie sheets
- Bake 10-12 minutes
- Remove + place cookies on a wire rack to cool
- Eat 18 for an after dinner snack
Adapted from here!
2 thoughts on “Spiced Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies”
I heard she lip synchs her shows. And, I have seen her and still contend she could use a sandwich and hot bowl of soup.
You know absolutely nothing