I like being spoiled.
Not just with lil treats and happies, but with my reality television show endings.
I need spoilers to survive this cruel & unusual world.
Specifically, I have to know The Bachelor/ette spoilers or I can hardly watch the show. I don’t want to be surprised, I don’t want a plot twist. I want to know what I’m getting into. This is why before every season I stalk the blogs until I discover the ending and every twist and turn leading up to it. I’m prepared, I’m ready. I am usually the go-to in my friend group for Bach news. (I have very little joy, leave me be.) For SOME reason I cannot comprehend, my sources don’t have the dirt this season. They speculate, but no one KNOWS how this season ends. It’s driving me absolutely bonkers. How am I just supposed to WATCH the show for the next four weeks and not know who he picks and will ultimately break up with in 3-4 months? Who do you think I am?
In my next life, I hope I’m one of those kewl, enlightened girls who couldn’t be bothered with the trash fire that is reality television.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
- 4 cups of spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk yogurt
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 tbsp. of ground ginger
- 1 tbsp. of curry powder
- 2 tsp. of ground coriander
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of ground mustard
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of tomato sauce
- S+P, to taste
- In a food processor, pulse chickpeas until broken down
- In a bowl, combine chickpeas + breadcrumbs + 1/2 cup of spinach + 1/2 the oil + yogurt + jalapeno + S+P
- Shape into lil dumplings + arrange on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Refrigerate while you work on the rest
- Heat remaining olive oil in a deep skillet over medium heat
- Add ginger + curry powder + coriander + cumin + mustard, cook about a minute, stirring constantly
- Add tomatoes + tomato sauce, bring to a simmer
- Add remaining spinach + S+P, cook 1-2 minutes
- Nestle dumplings into the skillet, cover + cook for 20 minutes, turning dumplings a couple of times
- Praise the good Lord above for giving you a warm bowl of grub to devour + dig in, hunny
Adapted from here!