Today is probably the biggest day of my life.
My child turns 10. Double DIGITS!!!!!!
Topanga wants you all to know, though, she’s a youthful 10 and plans to live another decade.
We’re OBVIOUSLY throwing her a birthday pawty (see what I did there) this weekend. Complete with a new pink, sequined dress and party hat. We also ordered rose gold party decorations – very classy. Today I ordered some pup cakes – topped with peanut butter & cream cheese frosting & rainbow sprinkles. You could say I’m the best mother in the entire world. Oh, and we invited no other dogs, so she could be the star, of course. She has, however, requested everyone out by 9pm sharp so she can get her full 8 hours of beauty sleep. She’s very regimented in her old age.
Don’t let me forget to brush her teeth before the party, her rotting old lady teeth reek.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. of pine nuts, + more for serving
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 package of whole wheat pasta
- 1 broccoli crown, cut in florets
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- In a food processor, combine avocado + basil + garlic + pine nuts + lemon juice + nutritional yeast + S+P
- Pulse + drizzle in 1 tbsp. of olive oil + a lil water if needed to thin out the pesto
- Refrigerate until ready to use
- Meanwhile, arrange broccoli on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with remaining olive oil + S+P
- Roast for 25 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, cook pasta to al dente, drain + add back to the pot with the heat off
- Stir in pesto + broccoli + more S+P, if needed
- Serve warm with more pine nuts
- Play a fun game where you can see how many noodles you can fit on a fork + subsequently your mouth
Pesto adapted from here!
3 thoughts on “Avocado Pesto Pasta”
Yummy recipe. Happy birthday to dear Topanga!
I could eat avocados anytime any where. 🍃🥑
I love the pasta recipe and Tangy will love the party