I haven’t been inside a car in over a week.
I haven’t even left the confines of my neighborhood.
I really feel I’m contributing to society over here.
I have high hopes to make great use of this quarantined time. I want to do lots of projects around the house, get organized for our impending move, catch up on some reading and do a couple of puzzles I haven’t had time for. Valiant goals, I’d say! This first, full quarantined weekend rolled around and your girl laid her happy behind up on the couch the ENTIRE TIME. The amount of Netflix that was watched and naps that were had is honestly embarrassing. I was so exhausted from resting too much….like. I’m a problem. I need the Lord to infuse some motivation in me to make the most of this time and not squander it on watching The Office for literally the 2435th time.
Once we get through Tiger King, I’ll get off the couch, I promise.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 2 packages of easy pad thai noodles
- 6-8 white mushrooms, chopped
- 2 cups of napa cabbage, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of green onion, diced
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. of sesame oil
- Chopped peanuts, for serving
- In a food processor, combine lime juice + garlic + soy sauce + peanut butter, set aside
- Heat sesame oil in a wok over medium heat
- Add mushrooms + cabbage + bell pepper, cook about 4-5 minutes
- Add green onion, cook another minute
- Add noodles + peanut sauce, cook according to noodle package directions, but should be just a couple of minutes
- Turn off heat + stir in cilantro
- Serve warm with peanuts + lime wedges
- Feed to your quarantined sweetie + see if he will finally play Monopoly with you
Adapted from here!