I think Garrett may leave me.
Things are getting tense.
Garrett’s job is a little more flexible than mine, meaning he has a little more time during this quarantine than I do.
Meaning, I MIGHT be asking him to do my usual chores for me. Sue me! At first, he offered to pitch in a little more. Then, I saw how good he was at household tasks and started making lil honey-do lists for him. He pouted and procrastinated, but eventually everything got done. Ya girl has somehow not folded laundry or scrubbed a dish this entire quarantine. Little blessings everywhere! But I feel like I’m starting to get too spoiled. Like, I might be acting like an ungrateful brat which is really off brand for me. I noticed it when I was working on a project today and without even batting an eye asked Garrett to refill my water and take out the trash immediately because the stench was annoying me.
Self-isolating with me is fun!
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-5 quesadillas
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 a pineapple, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained + smashed
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 5-6 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 8-10 whole wheat flour tortillas
- Cilantro, for serving
- In a food processor, combine garlic + chipotle peppers + chili powder + smoked paprika + apple cider vinegar + 1/2 of the pineapple chunks +1/2 the lime juice, blend until smooth
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 4-5 minutes
- Add cauliflower, cook another 12-15 minutes or until tender
- Add remaining pineapple, cook for a minute
- Lower heat, add sauce you made, cook for 10 minutes or until all of the stuff is coated nicely in your sauce
- Meanwhile add 1/2 the lime juice to your bean smash + mix
- Remove from pan + wipe clean
- Heat 1 tbsp. of olive oil in the skillet over medium
- To assemble quesadilla, spread some bean smash on two tortillas + top one with cauliflower mix + cilantro + smush together with other bean mix tortilla
- Slide into skillet + cook for 3-4 minutes on both sides, flipping carefully!
- Repeat with extra oil in the pan if necessary
- Serve warm with more cilantro
- Stand up at your kitchen counter with your leg in a tree pose + just go to town on these bad boys
Adapted from here!