It’s weird, like, I have all the time in the world right now.
Yet less motivation than ever to make healthy choices.
For a minute there, I was a real big workout guy. Lifting weights and exercising hardcore everyday. All before my work day began!
Now my lazy behind is snoozing until 7. I’m lucky if I get up, ride the lil stationary bike and go for a quick walk around the ‘hood. I’m just really taking this time of rest to a new level. Let’s not get started on diet, either. I’ve basically dubbed myself the quarantine snack queen. I found a box of graham crackers in the back of the pantry and just destroyed them. I’m a bottomless trash panda. I think I’m letting myself go because I really don’t plan to interact with humans or take photos for the foreseeable future? It’s kind of nice not to be totally consumed with my appearance for a change, though! Or just my general health and wellness.
I’m gonna fleek when my motivation returns right smack dab in the middle of bikini season.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, rinsed + drained + halved
- 1 english cucumber, rinsed + quartered
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, halved
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. of garlic, minced
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange chickpeas on a lined baking sheet + roast for 25 minutes, tossing once
- Remove + sprinkle with S+P
- Meanwhile, combine all veggies in a bowl + S+P
- Stir in chickpeas
- Meanwhile, combine olive oil + lemon juice + garlic + S+P
- Drizzle over salad
- Serve chilled
- Use any leftovers as toppings on a pizza like a daggum PRO
Adapted from here!