Buying a home is fun.
Throw in a global pandemic and it’s just a barrel of monkeys!
We are moving to Colorado…..someday.
And we will need some shelter. So we had a call with our realtor tonight to talk through the landscape given COVID-19. We had high hopes of flying out there in the next couple of weeks to house hunt. That’s obviously not happening. Look, being a military family, I’m kewl doing things on the fly. Buy a house sight unseen in a neighborhood I’ve never been in? Honestly, I can roll with it. No biggie. Really, it just isn’t that difficult for me to make huge life decisions like six-figure investments. I’d pull the trigger tonight if I found a house I like. I can NOT however make up my mind on where I want to order takeout from tomorrow. It’s like do I want french fries or Mexican food, it’s just too big for one person to decide on her own.
But really do y’all want to pick out a house for me?
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: approx. 16-20 taquitos
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 8 oz. of cremini or white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 4-5 baby carrots, chopped
- 1 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 cup of raw walnuts
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- 16 -20 corn tortillas
- Guacamole, for serving
- In a food processor, combine sun-dried tomatoes + walnuts, pulse until crumbly + combined, set aside in a bowl
- In the food processor, combine cauliflower + mushrooms + onion + carrots + garlic, process until well-combined + crumbly
- Heat a skillet over medium heat
- Add cauliflower mix + S+P, cook for 10 minutes
- Add sun-dried tomato mix + beans + cumin + chili powder + paprika + S+P, cook another 4-5 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425
- Warm the tortillas so they’re pliable – I wrap a couple in a wet paper towel + microwave for 15-20 seconds
- To assemble, place some of the veggie + bean mix to one side of a tortilla + roll length wise, placing seam side down on a lined baking sheet
- Spray with a lil cooking spray + bake for about 20 minutes
- Serve warm with cilantro + guacamole
- Enjoy your nice, light lunch of 14 taquitos
Adapted from here!
4 thoughts on “Veggie Taquitos”
Such a treat! 🍃🌮
These look SO amazing!!! Thanks for sharing!! (:
These Taquitos look so delicious! Thanks for the idea and happy Easter!
I’ve never had Taquitos before … I gotta try these!