You know quarantine is getting to you when you’re really excited to PACK!!!!
While we still don’t know when we’ll be allowed to move, we’re just trying to prepare.
There’s a very real possibility these bans will lift one day and we’ll be expected to get the heck out the next.
So packing here we come! Really it’s Garrett doing the work. He woke up this morning and was like, “I think I could probably pack the entire house today!!!” I politely told him I’m not living around a bunch of moving boxes for potentially months so he needs to slow his roll. Did he listen? Absolutely not. This man made not one but TWO runs for packing supplies today because he went through his first round of items so quickly. I’ve never seen the man so motivated and jazzed about a project. However, he did require supervision because he tried to throw away multiple items he claimed I never use but that are very important like my clothes steamer!!!
The true test of our marriage will be whether we can continue surviving solitary confinement together & a cross country move.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 sandwiches
- 1 red pepper, sliced thin
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1-2 zucchinis, halved
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 3-4 kaiser rolls or crusty bread
- 3 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange zucchini + red pepper on a lined baking sheet, drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + some S+P
- Bake for 20 minutes, tossing once
- Meanwhile, heat another tbsp. of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add onion + S+P, cook 6-7 minutes until caramelized, set aside
- Meanwhile, add beans to a pot over low-med heat + add cumin + chili powder + smoked paprika + S+P, smush em up a bit
- Add remaining olive oil to skillet
- To assemble sammies, spread some sriracha on the inside of bans + add beans + veggies + smush breads together + grill on each side for 2 minutes, repeat
- Serve hot
- Tuck yourself gently in between the warm bread slices + take a snooze