One of my great joys in life is dining out.
Since we obviously cannot do that, we are really fine-tuning our takeout skills.
As such, I’ve developed an addiction to reading menus.
We’ve gotten into kind of a takeout routine. We order dinner Friday and usually lunch Saturday. All other meals are made at home. Two chances to eat out a week present a very important decision. I don’t want to blow a meal on something crappy! There is a strategy and an art to this. It requires thorough research. I typically have our takeout locales planned for the next two weeks. I have very little to do these days, people, don’t judge. So on Monday I begin reviewing the restaurant’s menu and weighing my meal options. I like to have my choices locked and loaded by Wednesday to allow at least 48 hours to appropriately salivate over my impending meal.
I think I need to get out of this house.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 6 cups of arugula
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed + drained
- 1 cup of red quinoa, cooked
- 2 ears of fresh corn, shucked
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 2 oranges, 1 segmented
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp. of agave
- 2 tsp. of hot sauce
- 2 tsp. of cumin
- 2 tsp. of chili powder
- 4 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- Combine 1/2 the avocado + lime juice + juice of 1 orange + agave + hot sauce + 1 tsp. of cumin + 1 tsp. of chili powder + olive oil + 1 tbsp. of cilantro + some S+P in a food processor + process until smooth
- Heat up the beans in a pot over medium heat + add remaining cumin + chili powder + some S+P
- To serve, arrange arugula on a plate + top with beans + quinoa + corn + orange segments + onion + avocado + cilantro + dressing
- Sit outside + let the warm sun roast you while you stuff your insides with this sunshiney goodness
Idea from here!
4 thoughts on “Mexican Quinoa Salad”
Looks delish! Love the colors. Mind if I reblog on goodmotherdiet?
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yep. If it’s Mexican, I’ll try it. 😜