I am a potato.
That’s the only explanation for my actions.
Friday night, I was working on a personal project and wanted something mindless on in the background so I didn’t have to pay much attention.
Usually, this is when I go to ole faithful, The Office, but for WHATEVER reason I was feeling like something different. Big mistake. I landed on whatever season of Married at First Sight is out on Netflix. Now, I’ve seen the first season of this and loved it, but I guess just haven’t had the channel it comes on since. The premise is…exactly what it sounds like. Four couples legit get married at first sight and have 8 weeks to try and make it work before they decide to get a divorce or stay together. BRILLIANT television. Anyways, I settle in and get back to work. I am slick HOOKED. I stayed up until AFTER 9pm (unheard of) to finish an episode and thought of nothing all night except getting back to my couch so I could watch. So, naturally, I spent Saturday and Sunday watching all 16 hour long episodes……I’m not proud of my choices.
However, I AM proud that I also got Garrett hooked and invested in all of the couples. So much so when he had to go into work Sunday, he was like, “Are you really going to watch without me?” Yes, yes, I am.
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4 pitas
- 3 yellow squash, sliced thin lengthwise
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 english cucumber, half sliced thin + other half shredded using a cheese grater
- Arugula, for serving
- 1 cup of dairy free, plain yogurt – I use an almond milk variety
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. of garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
- S+P, to taste
- 3-4 pitas, for serving
- In a bowl, combine yogurt + shredded cucumber + lemon juice + garlic + 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P, set in the refrigerator until ready to serve
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill
- Arrange your squash flat + drizzle with remaining olive oil + some S+P
- Grill squash for 3-4 minutes on each side until tender
- Warm pita on grill, too
- To serve, spread tzatziki on pita+ top with squash + cucumber slices + tomatoes + arugula
- Fold + pretend your pie hole is a train station + its the pita train’s next stop
Inspired by this!