In another life, I would be heading to the beach this weekend.
That other life is just a pre-COVID-19 one.
I’m not a huge beach person anyways, so it’s not a huge loss.
It’s more of the principle of a mini vacation. It was really just an excuse for all of our pals to get together before we all move this summer. I suppose we still could have made it work if we all wore masks inside our AirBNB and disinfected the toilet seats, showers, sinks and really any other hard surfaces after every single use. But alas, we canceled. It’s probably a good thing considering we’re in the midst of some sort of tropical storm and if we had any intention of not passing germs back and forth the ENTIRE weekend, we would need to be outside soaking up some rays. Which, now that you mention it, I desperately need……..maybe I’m down about not going on this trip after all…..
You would understand if you saw my pasty skin.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 1 bundt cake
- 2.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of white cane sugar
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of S
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2/3 cup of olive oil
- 4 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, combine flour + sugar + cocoa + baking powder + baking soda + S
- Add in milk + 1 cup of water + olive oil + whisk until combined
- Mix in vinegar + extract
- Pour into a greased/sprayed bundt pan
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center relatively clean
- While it cools, combine coconut milk + chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl + microwave or 30 seconds, stir, repeat until softened + combined
- Once cake is cooled, flip onto a plate + shake it loose
- Pour glaze on top + serve
- Recreate the chocolate cake scene from Matilda
Adapted from here!