Sometimes I don’t think when I eat.
And I accidentally eat two whole sweet potatoes + a can of chickpeas in a span of 15 minutes.
Like I did just now.
I have GOT to start eating more mindfully. AKA not grab my food, plop in front of the computer & work while eating. Mere minutes go by & all my food is gone & my stomach is distended from all of the carbs I shoveled into it. I’m physically ill right now. I cannot get comfortable on the couch. Every position reminds me of the deep shame I feel for being a trash panda. I think Garrett is going to have to actually roll me into the bedroom and put me in my pajamas for me.
Seriously, can someone come over & pop me like the balloon animal I am?
Time: 30 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice, leftover from day before
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1-2 carrots, diced
- 1/2 a head of green cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. of soy sauce
- 1 tsp. of sriracha
- Cilantro, for serving
- S+P, to taste
- Heat 1 tbsp. of sesame oil in a wok over medium heat
- Add onion + broccoli + carrots + cabbage, cook for 6-8 minutes or until browned in places
- Remove from pan + add remaining sesame oil
- Add rice + soy sauce, cook for 3-4 minutes or until toasted
- Add veggies back in + peas + sriracha, cook another 2-3 minutes
- Serve warm with cilantro
- Get on in there with your hands + just chuck all the contents at your face + hope some make it in your mouth
2 thoughts on “Veggie Fried Rice”
Been there; done that. This too shall pass…
Looks delicious. You’re not alone when it comes to mindlessly eating, especially now.