Why have I been doing my own grocery shopping all these years?
When there are people you can pay to literally do it for you????
I’ve been v resistant to the instant cart/click list whatever your grocery store calls their grocery shopping service life.
I am one of those freaks who LIKES grocery shopping. I like creating my list and picking out all of my things myself. A simple pleasure. Which has been stripped from me since COVID! I truly haven’t stepped foot in a grocery store since March. Been v blessed to order Garr around to do my bidding. But we decided to try something different last week and order our groceries online and just pick them up curbside. Umm…absolute GAME CHANGER. I have seen the light! Now, I do need to offer my training skills for how to pick out avocados to last a full week. And the art of digging around the spinach boxes for the best possible expiration date.
But baby steps, people.
Time: 45 minutes (prep + cooking) | Serves: 2-3
- 1 lb. of brussels sprouts, roughly chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/4 cup of walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup of pickled red onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup of dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 tbsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. of agave
- 1 tbsp. of Dijon mustard
- S+P, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange brussels on a lined baking sheet + chickpeas on another
- Drizzle each with 1 tbsp. of olive oil + S+P
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, tossing once in the middle of cooking until roasted to your desire
- Meanwhile, combine remaining olive oil + apple cider vinegar + agave + Dijon mustard + S+P
- To serve, combine brussels + chickpeas + walnuts + onion + cranberries + dressing
- Serve warm
- Swan dive into the bowl + doggy paddle your way out with your mouth
2 thoughts on “Brussels + Chickpea Salad”
You have someone shopping for you and you prepare Brussels and ChickPeas? REALLY??
what’s the chance I might be a guest contributor? Maybe smoke a brisket and some mustard based potato salad to go with it.
Bet mine tastes better than yours….
Oh…so amazing! This is right up my alley loool. I wish I could make something like this, but it’s a bit tough now that I’m in Tokyo. Jealous!