WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE, PEOPLE.
I’m sorry I’ve been so MIA. I think I’m back now.
Cross country move + pregnancy + working = a very sleepy giwl.
But we are here! We are in Colorado! Breathing the fresh mountain air! Skin so dry we are bathing in lotion! Noses so bloody we are keeping Puffs in business! Hopefully our bodies adjust soon because our wallets certainly haven’t to home ownership. We are trying to get settled, but there is so much to do and so little time in a day. Plus, our dishwasher is already broken so that is a very fun thing to deal with when you are a food blogger. But truly no complaints, the views are ridiculous and it feels crazy that WE, a couple of fools, own THIS house. I keep waking up, coming downstairs and being like am I on vacation or is this everyday life?
But hot DOG it was nice when an appliance broke to just call the maintenance people and have them come fix it for free….
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 3-4
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled + cut into thin wedges
- 1 can of kidney beans, rinsed + drained
- 1-2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. of cumin
- S+P, to taste
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425
- Arrange sweet potatoes on a lined baking sheet + drizzle with 1 tbsp. of oil + chili powder + smoked paprika + cumin + S+P
- Bake 20-25 minutes until crisp to your desire
- Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add 1/2 the onion + S+P, cook 3-4 minutes
- Add beans + S+P, cook another 3-4 minutes
- Turn off heat, add rice + stir
- Meanwhile, combine mango + remaining red onion + most of the cilantro (reserving a little to top the bowls) + lime juice + S+P
- To serve, add some rice mix to a bowl + top with mango salsa + some sweet potato wedges + cilantro
- Serve warm
- Trick your mind into believing your having a french fry bowl + really enjoy yourself
Adapted from here!