Never has my hair been worse.
First world problems, I know, but hang with me here.
I’d like to blame my broken locks on quarantine, but I always go 6+ months between trims because I like to let myself look as terrible as possible before doing something about it.
Apparently the dry Colorado weather is v helpful in breaking my ends – not that they needed much help. It’s also not holding a curl here so my super long, lanky, lifeless hair is doing wonders for my super long, lanky lifeless face. I have not had my hair done by anyone other than my usual Memphis gal in 10+ years. Minus the one time I tried to get it done in WA and the woman berated me for filling in my eyebrows vs. threading them. It was a treat, really. But I couldn’t wait until I go to Memphis next. & my what a pleasant experience it turned out to be! I forgot what a luxury it was to be shampooed by another. She was also brutally honest – “Umm I’m going to have to take a lot off…is that OK?” But nary a word about my brows & for that I am grateful!
She also suggested I stop wearing my hair up and I need to connect her with my 5th grade boyfriend who also suggested I stop doing that because he thought it looked ugly.
Time: 1 hour (prep + cooking) | Serves: 4-6
- 1 1/2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed + drained
- 1/2 a white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup of panko
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp. of cumin
- 1 tsp. of coriander
- 1 tsp. of cayenne
- S+P, to taste
- Cucumber, for serving
- Tomatoes, for serving
- Lettuce, for serving
- Avocado, for serving
- Buns, for serving
- Tzatziki, for serving
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas + onion + parsley + garlic + panko + lemon juice + cumin + coriander + cayenne + S+P
- Form into patties + place on a greased + lined baking sheet, freeze for a few minutes
- Preheat oven to 375
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping once in between
- To serve, place a patty on a bun + top with lettuce + tomato + cucumber + avocado + tzatziki
- Plant your feet firmly + do a lil wriggle + grab the sammie with both of your grubby mitts + go to town